How to: USB sync Android-powered Samsung Galaxy S5 with Microsoft Outlook
Samsung Galaxy S5 – the successor to Samsung Galaxy S4, unveiled on Feb 24, 2014, and was released on Apr 11, 2014. It ships with the latest Android 4.4 KitKat system; quad-core processor; a brilliant 5.1-inch 1080p Full HD super AMOLED display.
It is a good choice for business users. Especially for the ultra power saving mode, that can extend the battery life dramatically.
For Microsoft Outlook users, we always need to find an easy way to sync our mobile devices with Outlook, and get the contacts, calendar appointments, tasks and notes synced.
With the latest release of Android-Sync, you can sync the new Samsung Galaxy S5 with Microsoft Outlook through USB connection. It syncs Outlook contacts with notes, photo and categories, calendar appointments with recurrence pattern and reminders, tasks and sticky notes between the Samsung Galaxy S5 fast and securely.
Sync with Outlook
- Download and install Android-Sync from www.android-sync.com
- Turn on the [USB debugging] option from Galaxy S5.
[Developer options] is hidden by default. To make it available, go to the [More] tab in the Android Settings > [About device] and tap [Build number] seven times. Return to the previous screen to find [Developer options.]
- Connect the Galaxy S5 to the PC.
- Set the sync preferences. You can choose the Outlook profile that you want to sync with. And you can set different sync mode, choose the Android account to sync with, choose the Outlook folders and categories to sync with and many other advanced settings.
- Now, you are ready to start the sync! Just press on the [Sync] button, and the contacts, calendars, tasks and notes should get synced automatically in seconds.
For more detailed instructions, you may refer to these pages:
- Microsoft Outlook 2000 – 2013 (32bit / 64bit)
- Windows XP or higher
- More info can be found at www.android-sync.com
Try it for free, and start your missing sync now!